Wedding Giveaway (End 2013 with a Proposal)
- Promotion runs October 28, 2013 and ends December 15, 2013 at midnight.
- No purchase necessary
- Void where prohibited by law
- Must be 18 years or older and a legal U.S. resident to play
- Entrants must reside within the Channel 9 KCAU-TV viewing area (DMA as designated by Nielsen).
- Log onto www.kcautv.com and visit the Wedding Giveaway page to send in your short essay telling ABC9 why they deserve to win the wedding giveaway.
- There will be 1 Winner awarded the Wedding Giveaway package.
- The Bridal Outlet will provide a $1,000 wedding dress or $1,000 toward a wedding dress of the winner's choice. (Must be used all on wedding dress-no exceptions). Pat's Jewelry Centre will provide a $1,000 gift card to be used towards the purchase of an engagement ring.
- Tip Top Tux will provide a $500 gift card to be used towards tuxedo rentals for the wedding party.
- Value of Grand Prize is a minimum of $2,500.
- ABC9 will choose 5 finalists on December 16, 2013 and conduct an interview with them.
- ABC9 will select one winner on December 20, 2013.
- Winner will receive all of the prizes as well as a :30 second marriage proposal that will be filmed between the dates of December 23, 2013 – December 27, 2013.
- The :30 second proposal will air during ABC's Rocking New Year's Eve with Ryan Seacrest on December 31, 2013 between 10:35pm and Midnight.
- The winning couple will appear on ABC9 News the following day for an interview that will air in all ABC9 newscasts that day.
- If a person rejects the prize or is unable to use it, there is no substitution.
- Winners will be notified by a representative of Channel 9 KCAU-TV by email and/or telephone.
Odds of Winning:
- Grand Prize winners will depend upon the number of online and written entries. If 100 entries, then each entrant has a 1 in 100 chance of winning.
- Employees or families of Channel 9 KCAU-TV their divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries or their advertising/promotion agencies Channel 9 KCAU-TV are not eligible to win.
- Winners MUST present a valid driver's license or state issued ID to claim prize. No prize will be awarded without proper identification.
- All other costs associated with accepting, redeeming and using prize is the responsibility of the winner.
- KCAU-TV and sponsors reserve the right to reject a claim to a prize based on contest irregularities.
- KCAU-TV and sponsors are not responsible for loss or misuse of prizes, and will not accept liability if a prize is used or misused in any manner.
- All decisions by our judges are final.
The sponsor of this promotion is KCAU-TV, which is solely responsible for all aspects of the promotion. By participating in this promotion, all participants and prize winners agree that Channel 9 KCAU-TV, their partnerships, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of such entities' respective officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible or liable for any injury, loss, illness, litigation or damage that may occur from participation in the promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize(s). In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these official rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of Iowa and that is shall be resolved by and within the courts of that state.
Contest rules available at:
KCAU-TV, 625 Douglas, Sioux City, Iowa, 51101
Between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm.